The Sanrocco Method: how to help patients with vertigo, whiplash and any type of cervicogenic pain.
It is important to know that many of those symptoms DO NOT come from the cervicals. After the seminar you will be able to recognize, find and fix most of those problems.
How to do a static and dynamic palpation of the cervicals sitting and an overview of the major cervical muscles.
Vertigo a practical approach.
- How to distinguish non-treatable types of vertigo from treatable one’s with chiropractic.
- How to distinguish cervicogenic from non-cervicogenic types of vertigo.
- What, when and how to adjust according the type of vertigo treatable with chiropractic.
2. Whiplash and any type of cervicogenic pain
Protocol to follow in order to be successful in helping these patients with chiropractic.
1)Things to consider and do before touching the neck, according to the answers of the patients to the following questions and your findings.
1)Were you hit from the back?
2) Did you wear your seat belt?
3) Do you have TMJ pain?
4) Did you hit your head?
5) Do you have low back or dorsal pain?
6) Do you have any pain at your wrist, elbow, knee, or foot?
Procedures for structural problems related to whiplash patients before touching the neck.
- Did you see the accident coming?
- What was your state of mind at the moment of the accident?
- Are you now afraid of driving?
- Are you at fault?
- Are there attorneys and compensation claims?
Procedures for emotional problems related to whiplash patients before touching the neck.
2) Now you can start touching and fixing the neck if it still hurts.
All possible pain combinations upon cervical motion [(lateral)flexion , extension, rotation] and how to correct them and when and how to adjust.
A complete overview of anything that can go wrong with the cervical spine, how to find it and how to fix and/or adjust it with chiropractic.
Apart from all kind of functional exercises and tips to the patient in order to prevent reoccurring problems you will not only learn the answers to the following questions but also how to resolve those problems.
- Neck pain upon bending head forward only in sitting position
- Pain upon flexion of the head at the back of the neck up to the occiput
- Pain upon flexion at the anterior part of the neck
- Pain upon extension at the anterior or posterior part of the neck
- Pain upon turning the head to the right or the left
- What to do when they can’t turn their head to one or the other side
- What to do when the neck can’t move at all (like in torticollis)
- Pain on the left side of the neck while turning the head to the right and vice versa
- Pain on the right side while turning head to the right and vice versa
- Pain on the right side or left side while lateral flexing the head to the right and vice versa
- Neck pain only when standing still or only when sitting or lying down
- Difference between neck pain while sleeping prone, supine or on one side
- What to do when patient says that his/her head is to heavy for his/her neck muscles
- Neck pain with paresthesia in one arm or both arms in different positions
- How to distinguish a real cervical herniated disc causing arm pain from other types of arm pain and how to fix or adjust it
- What to adjust when patient can’t turn his head into the last 10 degrees
- Neck pain only when sitting to close to the movie screen or at the theater
- What about Cervical/0ccipital pain and what to do when it gets worse after 10 minutes of sitting or eating
You will get answers to all these questions and many more and so when you have a patient who complains of one of those symptoms you will recognize the problem right away and know what to do.
3. Functional exercises to do at home and practical exercises for people who don’t have much time.
These is a unique seminar where you also will learn how to go about a lot of types of vertigo and instead of being afraid of them, you will be able to help this people and therefore become a better chiropractor.
Even if you never have taken a seminar with Dr Seru and colleagues from the Sanrocco you will be able to follow the seminar, make sure to come Friday afternoon to the practical session about all the neck muscles and cervical movement.